Senior Discounts at Sam’s Club: What Shoppers Need to Know
There is no senior membership discount available at Sam’s Club. However, this does not mean that seniors are not eligible for discounts.
This results from the senior discount that Sam’s Club provides to AARP cardholders. Without a discount, a Sam’s Club membership costs $45 annually. however, with an AARP membership card, that cost drops to $14.99 per month.
For an AARP membership card, you should:
- Have attained the age of 50.
- Pay a $16 annual membership charge.
- Use Sam’s Club Senior Discount
As previously noted, Sam’s Club does not explicitly provide a senior discount. However, a discount is available to AARP members on their yearly dues.
Additionally, you can take advantage of senior discounts through various senior organizations or year-round promotions Sam’s Club offers. The easiest way to learn about these offers is to search for the ads online, in mailers, or in newspapers.
Are There Senior Shopping Hours at Sam’s Club?
Seniors can shop safely during designated hours at Sam’s Club. Every week, from 7 to 9 AM, they are open on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Seniors are the target audience for this period since they are more vulnerable to the COVID-19 scenario. Now, for all of you, the stores are open from as early as 9 AM to late 8 PM on weekdays. If you want to come on Sundays, timings are from 10 AM to 6 PM.
Sam’s Club has extended its senior hours to include a new service called “Shop from your car.” It allows senior citizens to place an order from their parking spot during senior hours, and a concierge will pick up the items and deliver them to their vehicle.
Members and employees of Sam’s Club fully support the community by announcing more regulations and modifying shopping hours. Mask wear is necessary for one of them. All employees at Sam’s Club must wear masks. There are clubs within the Sam’s Club, university offices, fulfillment centers, and delivery centers, and masks are required everywhere. It is anticipated that there will be variations in the recommendations for mask wear in various centers and areas. Depending on the coronavirus pandemic, it might change.
In addition to the Tuesday and Thursday senior service, they have created visual aids to help individuals remember to keep the 6-foot space. To guarantee that everyone shops safely, they periodically sanitize the shopping carts. Hence, everyone always has access to spotless shopping trolleys.
Is There a Military Discount at Sam’s Club?
Military personnel and their spouses are eligible for a continuous discount at Sam’s Club. You can save up to $10 on your first purchase of $10 or more within 60 days of purchasing a Sam’s Club membership.
Those who are eligible for Sam’s Club military memberships include:
- Serving members of the armed forces
- Veterans and retired military people
- Civilian military employees
- Military spouses
You must present the following documentation of your time spent serving in the US military to be eligible for the military discount:
- Active military ID, issued only by the Department of Defense
- DD214 Copy, along with definitely a valid photo ID
- Retired military ID issued only by the Department of Defense
- Veterans identification card
- A legitimate picture ID and a membership card from a military service organization (such as the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, or Disabled American Veterans)
- A common access card
- Card for medical benefits from Veterans Affairs
Items Excluded from the Sam’s Club Military Discount
Certain items are not eligible for the Sam’s Club military discount. The following products are there from the $45 military member discount on their first Sam’s Club purchase:
Alcohol and tobacco are usually not there for discounts. Other than milk, almost everything in Sam’s Club is eligible for the $45 military discount. Milk is an unusual exception.
Does Sam’s Club Provide Discounts?
On rare occasions, Sam’s Club does give discounts. However, compared to more established stores, Sam’s Club provides fewer discounts because it is a warehouse club store that sells in bulk.
Sam’s Club still provides discounts, though. The following are some of the savings that Sam’s Club offers:
- Get the weekly newsletter from Sam’s Club. It is available at the store and can provide helpful details about any impending sales or discounts.
- Search the store for closeout merchandise. On occasion, Sam’s Club will reduce the price of merchandise that has yet to sell well. This is more typical for non-food items like TVs and appliances.
- Utilise manufacturer rebates whenever you can—manufacturers’ refunds on products as savings. Do not miss to register your purchase with the producer to add eligiblity for the rebate. Obtain a Sam’s Club Mastercard to earn 3% in Sam’s Cash for all purchases made at Sam’s Club and 5% in Sam’s Cash on all different purchases (should be spent only at Sam’s Club).
- One of the few shops that doesn’t take producer coupons is Sam’s Club. Additionally, they do not offer in-store coupons.
This is frustrating because applying coupons might result in significant cost savings. Fortunately, Sam’s Club already has extremely low prices, so you can buy there and save a lot without using coupons.
Benefits of Sam’s Club Membership
Membership in Sam’s Club offers benefits beyond mere access to the warehouse shop. In specific places outside the business, it also offers discounts. The following are some locations where a Sam’s Club membership can save you money:
- Using your Sam’s Club membership to hire a car from Hertz can save you up to 25%.
- With a Sam’s Club membership, Wyndham hotels and resorts can save you up to 25%.
- This is a short-term offer. However, Sam’s Club offers yearly discounts through partnerships with other hotels.
- Get up to 50% discounts on plays, concerts, performances, and events.
- With a Sam’s Club membership, you can purchase theme park tickets for up to 65% less. This covers theme parks such as Legoland, Disney, Busch Gardens, and Six Flags. If you enjoy going to amusement parks, the savings on this might make a Sam’s Club membership worthwhile.
- Generics are free at Sam’s Club Pharmacy.
The Sam’s Club Plus pharmacy will give you free generic drugs if you are a Sam’s Club Plus member. Among these drugs are the following:
- Vitamin D2
In conclusion, Sam’s Club does not offer a senior discount for memberships or in-store goods. You can get a membership discount in certain places if you show your AARP card.